Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Walking Miracle Who Ain't...

Those who are familiar with the details of my accident point out to me that I am a walking miracle.

I stand tall.

I walk tall.

I talk without drool.

My eyes see you for the potential target you may be.
It is not lazy nor am I.

There are 5 groups of support nature that I am going to type about. Community Action Partners, St John's United Methodist Church, Eve Online Buddies on Skype, Krempel's Center (Stepping Stones previously), and the Ingress community.

Community Action Partnership of Strafford County is a 501(c)(3) private nonprofit organization celebrating 50 years of service. Our mission is to educate, advocate and assist people in Strafford County to help meet their basic needs and promote self sufficiency. We do this through a variety of coordinated programs and services that rely on local, state and federal partnerships and collaborations. (Irony being that at the time of my accident I was the Asst Spvr for Strafford County's Meals on Wheels program.)

St. John’s is a diverse and reconciling congregation of almost 450 members actively seeking to discover what it means to live and work together as people of God. We are located in Dover, New Hampshire USA.

Eve Online (stylised EVE Online) is a video game by CCP Games. It is a player-driven, persistent-world MMORPG set in a science fiction space setting. Characters pilot customizable ships through a galaxy of over 7,500 star systems.[1][2] Most star systems are connected to one or more other star systems by means of stargates. The star systems can contain moons, planets, stations, wormholes, asteroid belts and complexes.

Players of Eve Online can participate in a number of in-game professions and activities, including mining, piracy, manufacturing, trading, exploration, and combat (both player versus environment and player versus player). The character advancement system is based upon training skills in real time, even while not logged into the game.

Krempels Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people living with brain injury from trauma, tumor or stroke. In partnership with universities and community volunteers, we offer programs that engage our members in meaningful and productive experiences and provide ongoing support and resources to those impacted by brain injury. Because Krempels is not a medical-based program bound by insurance requirements we do not use the word client or patient, but rather member. In addition, the organization’s community outreach initiative provides education to the public about brain injury and brain injury prevention.

Ingress is a near-real time augmented reality[3] massively multiplayer online pervasive game created by Niantic Labs, a startup within Google, currently for Android devices,[4] but expected to be available for Apple's iOS in 2014.[1] The game has a complex science fiction back story with a continuous open narrative.

Now, these groups have supported me after a fashion. Today I found out that my application to Community Action Partners was rejected. Shocking turn of events as the interviewer found my details to be quite in line with what Community Action Partners do. What disqualified me? I'm a walking talking miracle who is a combat veteran of the United States of America. (???)

I am not DISABLED enough to worry about. And if my disability does become an issue, let the U.S. Government handle it - if they will.

St John's has been there for me during my recovery. They even did a complete criminal background check on me so that I could, potentially, be alone with children (as needed). That compliment is ... a compliment. However shortly before my accident I upset a fellow church member. Around that time there was a horrible incident that ended with the death of a Police Cheif (acting heroically!) and the death of the Perpetrator. I joined in the expression of greif and loss from such a hero (and he was) however I would not find comfort in the loss and death of the perpetrator. I shared my dismay that too many christians were rejoicing in such an outcome. To me, the death of a sinner is a soul lost, I care not what his sin.

Eve Online buddies, got my back. Most of them are military veterans and within driving distance. They know the efforts I've made on their behalf - in Eve and in real life. They've been supportive like family.

Krempels Center.

This one is complicated. Like Community Action Partners, I am not disabled enough to fit the bill they hawk around during fundraising time. Added complication, one of their pronounced disabled "stars" took a strong liking to me. So much so she became my Stalker. When I went to the Police to stop this activity (before it became even worse) the Steppings Stones program expressed "fear of me" to their local Police Dept. So, in turn, their local Police Dept issued a public ban on my presence. In essence, a restraining order without any judicial oversight of any kind.

So reporting my stalker, who was trying to ruin my marriage and leech funds from me, got me punished without any kind of representation.

Didn't we, the Americans of the United States, complain about this at one point?

Now, I'll skip talking about the Ingress Community as I have talked a lot about them in very complimentary fashion. They don't care who I was, they don't care what happened to me (though when they find out they all say "damn"). The only they care about, which is the only thing that matters, is what I bring to the table of that community.

Now, all of this is to explain why I am depressed.

This kind of crap never lets up.

I event went to the Local Police Dept in question. They don't care to listen to a freemason veteran who is disabled. They only care about the "lie" that they were given. Afterall, I'm a brain injured person of over 6 feet in height, a combat veteran with a purple hear, who should not be afraid of that person?

I mean, he is brain injured.

Why listen to his jibber jabbering?

Therein lies my real trauma from Traumatic Brain Injury. How the society I bled for, fought for, is so readily willing to discard me.

That is why I am a Pease Greeter. I never want a soldier to feel discarded or dismissed.

Not like I have felt or like I now feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment